Friday 23 August 2013

My MAC Collection

Thought it would be a nice idea to show what I've bought from MAC altogether. I only started buying stuff from MAC when I was 13, I am now 15! Though my collection isn't as big as a lot of beauty bloggers, I'm still only gradually investing money on the products. Plus my mum still finds it hard to understand why I would pay that much for make up, to her make up is make up the cheaper the better. Silly parents! Still shes trying to understand so I love her for that. 

And a little disclaimer to say that I am not doing this post to brag about the stuff that I've bought. Most of the stuff has been purchased with my own money, or as gifts from other people. I hope that it will help people who haven't yet purchased anything from MAC, but want to, decide how to start building their own collection. 

I'm going to try and do it in the order that I bought it but bare with me, I have a goldfish memory so two years is a long time for me to remember back to! 

The first thing I ever bought from MAC was a powder blush in the shade 'Fleur Power'. Its £18 and at the time I was panicking handing that much over for make up, because I hadn't discussed it with my mum. (Wouldn't recommend that approach). It is a soft but bright pink with a hint of coral, a lovely shade for just everyday wear as its not too out there. 











 After watching many YouTube videos on MAC starter kits and watching make up tutorials, I decided to start my eye shadow collection off. So I originally went in to get 12 pot palette and either they don't do a twelve or that counter didn't have it so I got a 15 pot for the same price. The first shade I got was All That Glitters, which is still my favorite neutral shade. All pans cost £10 and are magnetic so they stay in the palette. I now have 7/15 filled, which I'll go through in depth in my next blog post.  And I purchased a purple shadow in a pot in the shade 'Satellite Dreams'



























My decider for what I should by next was that I had a face product and an eye product so I needed a lip product. I've always had problems with lip products because I basically have non existent lips so I gave up with any lipsticks and lip glosses but when I walked into MAC I decided that asking them to help me wouldn't hurt. Oh and if you feel to shy to go to a MAC store because you think all the staff will be judgmental of you, don't feel that way! I have never ever come across a member of staff from MAC that has been rude or uninterested. I love them all. So the lady I had picked out 'Frost', which I love so I bought it. Their lipsticks cost £15 and feel so moisturizing. 




























This year I went to Florida for my summer vacation and begged to go to a MAC outlet, which my pleas were finally given in to. When we got there the MAC outlet was in a cosmetic outlet so it had like one shelf, not a lot to choose from. In there I picked up a Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Porcelain Pink' and the Julie Verhoeven travel brush set and roll. 



















And lastly! At the airport my mum was buying perfumes so I had a chance to take a mosey at the MAC counter there. With all intentions of only looking I left with the Rebecca Moses Set. This includes a 'Sultry Eye Bag' which is perfect for taking your everyday make up in your bag with you; a Mineralize Duo Eye shadow in 'Thunder and Rain' which is a sliver and a dirty purple - blue colour; a Kohl Pencil Eyeliner in 'Feline' which is a bold black and MACs 'Haute and Naughty Lash' mascara which has two brushes, one that lengthens the lashes and one that thickens the lashes for a more bold effect.


'Feline' Kohl Eye Pencil



'Haute & Naughty Lash' Mascara







Mineralize Duo Eye Shadow in 'Thunder and Rain'






Thanks for reading! Leave any suggestions in the comments! 

Love C 









No comments:

Post a Comment